Tuesday, September 26, 2006

RIO - then my wonderful month in Germany - and back to RIO again...

Ui ui ui… long long long time that I’ve written here for the last time…. And soooooooooo much has happened in between…. Hhmmm… entonces, we’ll make this a bit easier on me and I’ll just give you a quick rundown of what I’ve been up to since my last report from RIO…. ;)

So, actually my time in Brazil was still really really great…!!

- Spent a wonderful weekend on the paradise island ILHA GRANDE and the amazing beaches there… the whole trip was great, and even though Filip and I didn’t manage to meet up there, I met a lot of other real nice people and stayed in beautiful POUSADA TAGOMAGO por una noche… thanks again Nikki… :)

- Then back on the Copacabana for 2 more weeks…!! :)

- Had a great time hanging out with my nice Brazilian colleagues and other friends there…. Lotsa fun parties and nights spent dancing Samba, Forro and Salsa in LAPA… :)

- On my last night in RIO we went to this BUZIOS launch-party at Hotel Internacional and in the draw at the end of the evening, I won the main prize: A Return flight from RIO to Buzios..!! :)
Brauch’ dann jetzt nur noch das passende Hotel für ein weekend dazu – y listo… :)

- Flight home to Germany on 25th AUG was over-booked, so I ended up staying on the COPA for one more night… but wasn’t really a bad deal, since I spent it at beautiful SOFITEL on Arpoador… y un dia mas en la playa….And all covered for by IBERIA… ;)

- Flight home the next day went all well and smoothly hen… Nona and Anja came to pick me up…. :)

- Unfortunately I had now missed Isabel’s wedding just by one day… :) but then it was also lotsa fun to go dancing at SCHIRN and see most of my Rhein-Main Salsa-friends again….. first time since January…!!

- On Monday my great cousin Andreas helped me to install lotsa stuff and programmes on my new laptop and now I was ready and all set to also work from home… :)

- The next weekend was my birthday and Olaf, Claudi and Paul came to Wiesbaden for a week as well… I met my nephew PAUL ANTON for the first time…!! So cute… und schon richtig fit… :) and had a wonderful birthday weekend with my family and friends…. :)

- Next weekend was Eva’s and Jörn’s wedding in Wiesbaden-Naurod and then fiesta afterwords in the Nerotal…!! Una boda muy linda…. And lotsa fun dancing till the early, early morning… all those songs that we used to listen and party to in 95, 96, 97, 98,…. Aahhhh funny… :)

- The next weekend I went to Berlin for the Salsa Congress there…. Great city – as always, good event and parties, perfect weather…. Spent one night at Eva’s & Jörn’s place in Schöneberg and the next night in Olaf’s & Claudi’s flat in Neu-Kölln…. Each was the perfect location for the parties on FRI & SAT night… :)

Also, real great to see Stef and AJ and some other old friends from London again…. But Henry, you were missing… :) after all that time you spent in Berlin….too bad you’re not there anymore now that I finally made it again… hhmm…. Proxima vez… ;)

- All month long many fun nights dancing in Park Café, SCHIRN Café, Coyote Café, Conexxion, Limao, bei Bier and Wernecke… and yes, of course, in Berlin. :)


- So, and now it already was my last week and last weekend in Germany..!!! Tried to fit in as much, and spend time with as many people as possible… it was wonderful , but unfortunately I still feel that I didn’t have enough time for everything I wanted to and everybody I wanted to see…. :) Sorry, wenn ich ein paar Leute vernachlässigt habe…. Wish my days could have 36 hours (at least..!!!)
And will make up for it when I come back in 3 months… less than 3 months actually… ;)


And yes, even though I have been missing South America during my wonderful month in Germany, it wasn’t all that bad, cause I’ve been talking to my friends over there lots lots lots as well…
And looking forward to going back to RIO now…. And then to BUENOS AIRES very soon as well… :)

Hugs y besos…. And I promise to keep this space here a bit more updated again… ;)

xxx

2 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Pietro said...

Ciao Lelayna,
I red just now your last messages on your blog about Rio (and Germany). Your life is so rich of events, meetings, travels, dances ;-) that is always beautiful to read what you are doing, on your blog!

So probably we will meet on Rio next January! See you soon!
Pietro (the italian couchsurfer)
www.travelbaila.it

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger cecilika said...

........... and now buenos aires are wainting for youuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!
great! Argentina is so GOOD!

okey I will know you,
Cecilia, from argentina!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home